Friends, I have been so bad at blogging and I have no excuse.
Here are some things that have happened since my last post:
- I drove up to Northampton a few weeks ago to rescue my bike and hang out with good folks. While I was there, Anne and I got the good news that our I Am A Natural Wonder project will be published as an online chapbook by Blue Hour Press!
- Marisa and I went to IKEA and almost threw out our backs transporting my new Expedite bookcase and her Malm dresser. (The beautiful Linnarp writing desk I’m wanting was out of stock.) To recover we met up with Matt and had dinner in the garden at Cheers Thai.
- We’re having our last Anna Karenina Book Group meeting on Wednesday night. I’m behind! I have 170 pages to read in two days!
- Leigh and I have been going to a lot of yoga and seeing a lot of big budget movies. Hey, it’s summer. We also drank expensive beers and witnessed this live and in person.
- It was Andy’s birthday last week. On Monday we went to Bacchus for a romantic dinner in their back yard and I got attacked by mosquitoes. On Saturday we shot rifles at a shooting range and then shot pool at a fancy pool hall.
- The top searches for my blog right now are: snooki hot, snooki breast, pirate hat, new lady gaga, “lily ladewig”
Here are some readings I’m excited about this week:
- Tuesday, August 17 @ 7pm *** Dzanc Best of the Web : Brian Baldi, Elissa Bassist, Rachel Bunting, Sasha Fletcher, Krystal Languell, Leigh Stein, & August Tarrier *** McNally Jackson, 52 Prince Street, NYC
- Thursday, August 19 @ 7pm *** The Reading at Chrystie Street Takes Back Sextilis: Luke Bloomfield & Daniel Coudriet *** Four-Faced Liar, 165 West 4th Street, NYC
Something else to be excited about: Amy King and Heidi Lynn Staples created Poets for Living Waters in May as a call for poets to respond to the BP oil spill off the Gulf of Mexico. Some amazing friends and writers who’ve already participated are Sam Starkweather, Paige Taggart, Mike Young, Carolyn Zaikowski, Nate Logan, Sarah Green, CAConrad, etc, etc, etc. Anne and I have some “Natural Wonder” poems up today! Click here.